91 expo on full widths | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

91 expo on full widths

this is my 91 ford explorer on 79 braonco axles. full size dana 44 and 9 inch. i used the cage early bronco coils in the front and the stock leafs in the rear with a shackle. i extended the radius arms 12 inches and added a 1 1/4 hiems at the end. hope ya like. any quesation please ask.

brandonexplorer-2.jpg

brandonexplorer.jpg

b4.jpg

b5.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Daang...i like.

ok few questions

1. rear is just a spring over with shackles and thats it??
2. tire size
3. tranny auto or stick
4. axle gearing

thanks

looks really good. did you use the stock steering that came with the bronco or did you go after market?

Do you have any pictures of your extended radius arms?

wow looking good..

well its a stock explorer draglink with the bronco tie rod. the tires are 35x15.50x15 sx's didnt wanna cut the fenders yet. its a 5 speed with 3.73 gears for now.and yes the rear is spring over with a 4.5 in shackle

actually not as bad as i thought! it struggles a bit to take off from a dead stop but after that it just cruises along the motor runs pretty dang strong! getting fornt and rear detroits and 5.13s next week. doing the 5.13s for some 37 or maybe 38's in a month or two

ya tons of flex! i recommend the cage coils!!! they work awsome. and i think the extende radius arms with the heims help too

Looks good man :)

hehe i'm so happy i decided on full widths :D

Do you have any pictures of your extended radius arms?

I'm with josh, it would be interesting to see where you mounted the radius arms. pretty close to the crossmember i bet

wow...identical build to mine...except Im using the big lockout 44 and a sterling...

I also have 3.73's in the stock axles with 35's..the auto helps..(converter reduction)..but it still sux on takeoff..

x2 on the 5.13...I got a quote for 255 on a set for the 44 AND the sterling from DC on pirate4x4..his site is http://www.dc4wd.com/ but get ahold of him on pirate for quotes...

btw..looks great!!:thumbsup:

looks good!!

Looks really good! I got the Wild Horse coils on mine, hope it has the same amount of flex as the CAGE. I have a similar setup as yours...

I'm running the CAGE tube radius arms and heim joints at the frame...I'm also interested in where and how you mounted the arm brackets.

Also, you have any close up pics of the front end?

thanks guys i got some new pics!

DSC01339.jpg

DSC01333.jpg

DSC01372.jpg
uh broken radius arm?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back