91 X getting a superlift 5.5 inch lift | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

91 X getting a superlift 5.5 inch lift

ok thursday i am ordering a superlift 5.5 inch lift. for those who have done it before how hard is the instal, what is the hardest part, and how long did it take u. all help it needed. :exp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any pictures yet...?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Burns, Just wondering how that lift worked out for ya! Let us know bro. ;)
Dan

ok the lift is great. have taken a lot of picutres and i will post as soon as i get my elite status. i should get it when ever the check gets to Rick. i love it to let u know

also did anyone put the rear bump stop extenders and find out u shouldnt have done it?

Burns said:
ok the lift is great. have taken a lot of picutres and i will post as soon as i get my elite status. i should get it when ever the check gets to Rick. i love it to let u know

also did anyone put the rear bump stop extenders and find out u shouldnt have done it?

Email me a pic or two and i can host it till you become elite if you want...

Calebhartline@gmail.com

Burns said:
...also did anyone put the rear bump stop extenders and find out u shouldnt have done it?
Not sure, but my 4" skyjacker lift had new (extended) front bump stops and re-used the rears.

here you go

i just got these on the site so here are some pictures
ill make a explinations tomm
here she was
30743work2-med.jpg

more work it was hot so we made shade
30743work.jpg

with a ranger
30743explorer-and-ranger.jpg

by dads gas hog
30743explorer-and-bronco-2-med.jpg

up near a limestone cave full of mud
30743caves-med.jpg

had to help a heep i mean jeep along
30743JeepThing-med.jpg

those are 33's right?

very nice X... can't wait.. 2 more weeks until i can order mine :D :D :D :D :D :D

looks like 35s

Looks great man, how's the steering?

steers good i was worried about the ride and i think it is better than it was stock. also they are 33's

Yeah i thought the same way, but turns out it does ride much better than stock. Those extended radius arms really make a huge improvement to the ride. What type of shocks are you using?

your X looks awsome.....must of been a bear to do the lift on the ground...dangxj cant learn there lessen..haha

it was at first the rocks get to you but then you go numb. but it was worth the effort it peformes well and rides well i am all in all impressed and i have had more comments that ever. the looks when i pull behind a rice burner.

damn those look like big ass 33's, my bro has a set of BFG 33's tho and they also sit at about 35" but then again there on a 'heep' so ima just steal them when i get my lift and put his truck on blocks where it belongs

Back