91 XLT 5.5" Superlift | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

91 XLT 5.5" Superlift

still have to take the running boards off, and still need to mount the new tires (33"X12.5 BFG MT'S)

Before:
IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

After:
IMG_0663.jpg

IMG_0664.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Some bigger tires would be nice. Looks cool though :thumbsup:

-Drew

ya, get rid of those pizza cutters! How did the install go?

Looks really good. How did the insatll go? BTW update you siggy. Also new tires....

96limitedX said:
i like it with the tires on there now..lol but i'm weird
aparently the 33's will look awesome imho :thumbsup:

sn0border88 said:
ya, get rid of those pizza cutters! How did the install go?

The install would have gone great, but it was all the little problems that caused it to take so long..... had to redo brake lines, and a whole bunch of stupid little things..... all in all it took us 12 hours the first day, and 20 the next haha...... way longer than the one i put in my grand cherokee took haha... but all in all it looks great..... now we just have to deal with some minor issues

what kmak said.. we just ran into some brutal problems, anything that couldve gone wrong, went wrong... lol o yeah and we still need to put the rear shocks in :P , but for now it looks like i got sweet hydros...

hmm, brakelines breaking? Who's ever heard of that happeneing. Not at 1am in pottstown trying to finish the install after starting at 10 that morning. :fire: We ran into those problems as well, I would see a grand lift taking longer b/c they are coil sprung all the way around, the rear SOA was a sinch, the coils took forever. And replacing the control arms is no fun, I put a lift on an XJ today at work and the damn things are a ***** to get lined up if its not on a lift.

Update!!

updated!!!
Got my new tires today :D :D :D :thumbsup:
33" 12.5" procomp Xterrains with some 15X8 black steelies
I am so happy to finally have real tires!!! but almost think i coulda fit 35" no problem!

changed.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

looks sweet...im not a big fan of the roof carrier

haha yeah dont worry it comes off after ski season :P

Looks good..Yeah it looks like 35s woulda been a good fit but the x-terrains look awesome

yours is a mirror image of mine w/o the rack and black paint. And in your sig, the lift it caus fat chicks cant jump, its on my rear window. :D

sn0border88 said:
yours is a mirror image of mine w/o the rack and black paint. And in your sig, the lift it caus fat chicks cant jump, its on my rear window. :D

yeah i followed your build up and finally decided that i couldnt sit by and watch other people have so much damn fun with their lifted explorers!

lol yeah me and a buddy want to get those decals for our truck, or ones on our bumper that says "fat chicks make my bumper scrape"

another good decal I got for my brother who drives a jeep CJ5 is "Suzuki... It's whats for dinner!"

that is the same lift i did and i was happy with it but im now goin sas

that looks great!! do you have any pic for size scale? Can you park next a stock ex and take a pic?

About what is the hieght from the ground to the body, in the middle between the doors?

my buddy has an EX ill snap a pic next to him next time i see him as for the measurement id actually like to know that too :P so ill get that for you too... but i have to go to work now so tonight...

thanks, i can not wait. You know i am ordering the 33'' tonight!!! And then i will do the 3" BL and f150 and shackles so it will be real close to yours. But i still have to fig out how to move brush gurad up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sorry man been really busy with work and college, ill get the pics as soon as possible! good luck with your lift and tires! it's tons of fun man!

Back