911 Assist missing after SYNC Update | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

911 Assist missing after SYNC Update

tdeasley

Reaction score
City, State
Louisville, Ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
Hello all,

I have a 2013 Ford Explorer Limited that I took to my local Ford dealer for the SYNC2 update, it is now at the current version, SYNC2 v3.10. And after getting it back I have an issue that actually could be an INCREDIBLY important problem if I have an accident. Before the upgrade my 911 Assist icon on the screen was there, and I have to assume would work. After the update, the icon is gone, and nowhere in any of the menus is it even mentioned. I know with the update, they removed the Vehicle Health Report, and the SYNC services since they are no longer supported, but 911 Assist should still be there. Does anyone have any ideas on what happened, or what I can do to get it back. I am using a Apple iPhone 8 Plus, but as I said it was there before the update...

Thanks for all ideas!

There is a few possibilities as to why it isn't there. If you PM (conversation) your VIN to me, I can pull the service record and see for sure why it's not there.

Thanks Jason, I had some free time today and went by my dealership. They re-installed SYNC, and now all is working.

I do appreciate the offer!

Back