911 Assist Reminder issue after 3.5.1 update | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

911 Assist Reminder issue after 3.5.1 update

tucker_bmd

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 XLT AWD
Anyone else have this issue? Maybe I just need a reboot after the upgrade, not sure if the Tech actually did a reboot. Just had the update performed on Tuesday.

Here's my issue (minor I'll admit, but still annoying). Since MFT gives me the choice to have 911 assist on or off, I've chosen off. Furthermore I have chosen to have the 911 assist reminder to off as well. With MFT versions 2.x and 3.0.2 with 911 assist off and 911 assist reminder off, every time I got in the vehicle and my phone paired up, there was a relatively loud bong noise and a relatively large pop up with relatively large font "reminding" me that 911 assist is off. BUT no sync lady voice telling me "Sync has connected your phone and is reminding you that 911 assist is set to off", which is what happens when you have 911 assist off but 911 assist reminder on.

When I upgraded to MFT V3.2.2 I was very happy because the above mentioned bong noise went away and the above mentioned pop up got much smaller with much smaller font and seemed to go away much faster.

So now with MFT V3.5.1 with 911 assist set to off and 911 assist reminder set to off, I get the Sync lady telling me that 911 assist is off, plus the old loud bong noise and large pop up have returned. The sync lady yelling at me is not suppose to happen with 911 assist reminder set to off. So that is my issue/bug. MFT is not noticing that I have set 911 assist reminder to off.

Anyone seen this bug? I really don't want the sync lady telling my every effing time I get in the car about the choice I've made. I'll live with the loud bong noise and large pop up, but it's annoying that MFT seems to have reverted features (no bong noise and small pop up of V3.2.2) to the behavior of V3.0.2 (loud bong noise and large pop up).

Can Rebecca chime in here if you're reading? Thanks. Jeff

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not sure if it's a bug or a safety feature. Personally I like the feature. Good to know that in event of an accident help will be alerted. I do understand how it would get annoying. Not sure why they mess with stuff that is working. They should concentrate on what is broken.

The sync lady yelling at me is not suppose to happen with 911 assist reminder set to off. So that is my issue/bug. MFT is not noticing that I have set 911 assist reminder to off.

I know this may seem obvious but have you tried turning the reminder feature on, and then off again? I had issues in the past where sync would show certain settings as on, when they were really off and vice versa. Cycling the setting usually corrected the problem.

I'll attempt to duplicate your concern when I go out to lunch today.

I would be interested to know if this is a legal requirement by the Ford lawyers, not a bug by the SYNC/MFT programmers.

Perhaps IVT reps could comment?

No Luck

... I'll attempt to duplicate your concern when I go out to lunch today.

I just messed around for about 30 minutes, deleting phone, repairing with sync, and a negative battery cable disconnect (and I'm still alive to talk about it) to cause a reboot. Still when I set 911 assist reminder to off it gets ignored. The only thing that I can think of is I have an alert (the icon to the left of the home button on the bottom of the screen is yellow), when I click to view it's about 911 assist being off, there is a "delete" option that is greyed out (another bug????) so I can't clear this. I can read it and then the alert icon changes back to normal color.

So, if anyone else could duplicate this I would really appreciate it and maybe Rebecca would as well.

Thanks.

I think its one of the most important features of mft and was a key component of my lemon law complaint. Why do you want it off? It doesn't change how anything works, and gives you added safety in the event of a crash.

Bump

... Can Rebecca chime in here if you're reading? ...

OK, OP here. This just fell off the main page so I wanted bump it back. I did PM with Rebecca and she said she would look into this. I hadn't heard back from her so I just telephoned the IVT to ask them. And since this is the season of giving ( which no one had the time to see if my bug was really a bug) I will be giving and share what I found out. Yes it is a bug. I know, I should just turn on 911 Assist and forget about it. Well, a bug is a bug and now it has been found and reported. Here's hoping it will be fixed in the next release of MFT, which I'm sure there will be.

Happy Holidays, Jeff

They fixed it!

The bug that I found in post one of this thread (and was duplicated and confirmed as a real bug by Ford IVT phone support) has been fixed in 3.6.2. They looked through their code, found the issue, corrected, compiled and tested, good for IVT.

But just like this bug, IE release 3.5.1 introduced this bug, it was not a bug in prior versions, meaning they broke something with the new release, meaning they didn't fully test everything before releasing. I have found something that was working fine prior to 3.6.2 and now is a bug. Where's the testing!!! See my other recent post.

Added info

I should have mentioned this in the last post. Just a little more detail that may be of interest to Rebecca and IVT. While this bug is fixed I do now get an alert. You know the "i" push menu next to the "home" push menu, it is now colored yellow telling me I have an alert (about 911 assist set to off). It's been a while since MFT V3.2 (last November) but I don't remember getting an alert then.

To Rebecca, is this behavior what you expect (rhetorical but reply if you want)? Just curious because its different from MFT V3.2. Not a big deal just trying to be helpful to IVT.

Back