911!!! PLEASE HELP: I think the belt is on too tight! how to adjust?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

911!!! PLEASE HELP: I think the belt is on too tight! how to adjust??

unpredictable1

Reaction score
City, State
AB, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 blazer lt
Guys i nboticed my newly installed AC just stopped blowin cold air. once i stopped my truck and got out for a while, my truck was off for about 20 minutes.

i go to start her she fires up for about 5-10 seconds and dies fast. if i give her throttle the belt starts to smoke.

i think the guy to did my AC put the belt on WAY too tight. i mean, i swear if i touched a knife off it it'll fly off.

how do i adjust it? PLEASE HELP!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The belt tension is not adjustable. There is a spring loaded tensioner that is used to keep the belt tight. It sounds to me like your A/C compressor is starting to lock up (fail).

Does your A/C Compresor make any noise at all? I'm on Mr Boyle's side with this one, think the Comp. is goin

its a new fuqin compressor!!!!

fawk! i know its at least a freshly rebuilt one!

grrrrrrrrrr!

Thanks to this board, it was what you guys suggested. I know nothing of AC but once I unplugged its power connector sure enough she runs fine.

the place that did the AC for me just a month ago apologized and will look at it very soon. imagine, it was 10 pm and he still answered his cell and told me to call back to make sure i got it home safely.

thanks again to those who replied.

leo

Could be too much oil or refridgerant in the system. The compressor can't compress it so locks up.

Back