• Register Today It's free!

92 5-speed slave cyl or mast cyl?

ed d

Reaction score
City, State
clear lake, iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 xlt
I have a 92 exp with a 5-speed and it won't go into gear. I tried to bleed the slave but the fluid came out of the bleeder screw really slow, indicating to me - no pressure. The clutch was replaced last July, and they did not replace the slave cyl. Could it be the clutch master cyl? Help? Don't want to go to a dealer shop!:eek:

It's possible it's the slave cylinder, why didnt they replace the slave cylinder? they're known for going in explorer's and they're only like 30 bucks. it's cheap insurance to get the slave cylinder done when you get the clutch done. do you have a haynes or chiltons manual? there is a specific sequence to follow when you're bleeding the clutch. If you dont do it the right way it may not bleed completely, i found that out the hard way.

5-speed master cyl or slave cyl

i followed the procedure in the chiltons man. and no luck. i'm not sure why they didn't replace the slave when they did the clutch. I guess i thought if i took it to a respectable dealer's shop they would do it right. Wrongo! Going to take it to the local Ford dealer here today, mostly because everywhere else is booked and i don't have anymore time to mess with it. Thanks for the reply. :rolleyes:

Back