• Register Today It's free!

92 ex no heat.

11BEx

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Bragg
Year, Model & Trim Level
Eddie Bauer
Currently battling a no heat issue on my explorer and any help would be appreciated.

Coolant is topped up and has been bled for air bubbles with the cap off and nose of the truck up a hill. My temp gauge will raise till the RM in normal before the themostat opens and then it drops to right about the N and stays there. I just replaced the heater core with a brand new one, the hoses get hot when it's been running but not enough to burn my hand, just uncomfortable. Water pump appears to be in good shape, no leaks or noises coming from it. My AC works fine, the blower motor works on high only but I searched and discovered I need a new resistor to correct that.

I've tried searching but I can't find anything that is exactly like my problem.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

can you hear your blend doors going from hot to cold?

can you hear your blend doors going from hot to cold?
I think? I guess I don't really know what it sounds like switching. I know my vents change from defrost, panel, floor etc.

As far as I knew, the first gen didn't have blend door problems?

The hot/cold lever operates the blend door by means of a push/pull cable. if the clips holding either end of the cable housing has broken the cable will not work. Or the control lever may be broken.

The hot/cold lever operates the blend door by means of a push/pull cable. if the clips holding either end of the cable housing has broken the cable will not work. Or the control lever may be broken.

I replaced the hvac controls not too long ago, and actually broke those clips. I ended up not being able to switch the vents so I epoxied what was left of them to the hvac controller. I know the vents work now, maybe the blend door one isn't working. I'll check there

SOLVED.

Looks like yall were right, it was the cable that works the heat and cool slider. I guess it was wrapped around or bound up on something and was causing the slider not to adjust the blend door. I took it apart and the cable wasn't even attached the hvac controller because I broke the clips and tried to epoxy it. I yanked on the cable and the door moved which gave me heat but now I don't have air conditioning since the cable won't adjust haha. I'll deal with it in the spring, it'll give me time to figure out how to replace the clips or some up with something creative.

Thanks again yall

Glad you have the heat working for the winter! That's one thing you can't live without on some days!

Back