92 Explorer 5spd Transmission Leaking From Top | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

92 Explorer 5spd Transmission Leaking From Top

ghosty

Reaction score
City, State
Edmonton
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Ford Explorer XL 5spd
My 92 5spd explorer's transmission has been leaking from the top. I know there is a rubber seal between the transmission and the control housing was wondering if the could be it or something else along the top?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There are rubber plugs in the top cover for the shift rails. The plugs dry out and leak. They can be replaced with small freeze plugs for a permanent fix.

There are rubber plugs in the top cover for the shift rails. The plugs dry out and leak. They can be replaced with small freeze plugs for a

Do you know if I can get away without the dana or dorman parts? For example if I used a different brand same size? The dana and dorman parts are unavailable in my region

Do you know if I can get away without the dana or dorman parts? For example if I used a different brand same size? The dana and dorman parts are unavailable in my region

The brand doesn't matter, just the size.

My 92 5spd explorer's transmission has been leaking from the top. I know there is a rubber seal between the transmission and the control housing was wondering if the could be it or something else along the top?

Back