92 Explorer Eddie bauer on 32's - Now 35's | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

92 Explorer Eddie bauer on 32's - Now 35's

Oh you fancy huh? :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks like its coming together. I got my lift as well, just need to install it. Hopefully i can find the time lmao.

And winter is back. ..
love my 4x4

Attachments

• 20150223_141047.jpg
    20150223_141047.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 771

$263 for a second gen 8.8 axle with 3.73 limited slip... need to pull it myself.. is it to expencive?

i can get a axle with 8.8 with 4.10 limited slip for $525 but that's way to expencive

$263 for a second gen 8.8 axle with 3.73 limited slip... need to pull it myself.. is it to expencive?

i can get a axle with 8.8 with 4.10 limited slip for $525 but that's way to expencive

I'd say its a real good deal. Would rather probably see 4.10s there but for the price difference you cant really complain to bad.

The 4.10 set for $525 is about on par with the average that I see around here and the ranger forums most of the time especially if its a 31 spline with discs.

28 spline or 31 spline? Discs or drums?

EDIT: I presume from you mentioning 2nd gen, you mean both axles were in fact from a 2nd gen explorer not mountaineer, ranger, or sport trac? If so then they are both 31 spline with discs as in 95 they switched from drums in the explorer, 97 and up in the mountaineer. BTW that traction lok LS works pretty well for a factory unit.

If you got the time before the swap, go ahead and weld the axle tubes. Wouldn't hurt with you running 33s. Probably doesn't "need" it for just that but if you already have the axle out and got the time, then why not.

Also wouldn't hurt to check pinion bearing preload and pinion seal before you do the swap just in case. Coming from experience, it isn't to fun doing it under the vehicle versus out on the bench.

I have so many emails out now on axles and parts.. haha ,, i might get a 97 explorer for $150 if i am lucky.
the 97 is rusty and will newer be roade legal here agian so it's just for parts.. but i still don't know the gear ratio on that truck :(

I have so many emails out now on axles and parts.. haha ,, i might get a 97 explorer for $150 if i am lucky.
the 97 is rusty and will newer be roade legal here agian so it's just for parts.. but i still don't know the gear ratio on that truck :(

Just have them give you the axle code off the door.

I don't know how I missed your reply. I was even waiting for you to reply to my last post in here and I still missed it :D

:chug:looking good bro. I have the superlift 5.5" and have loved it....did you get the superrunner? biggest difference between the 2 is the superrunner kit comes with extended radius arms. if not then you will definitely want to get some arms from duff. the extended arms make a huge difference in travel. i have beat on my setup a few times even bent the beam on my TTB and my kit has held up to everything thus far. i am getting read to sas with full widths though so it may be going up for sale in a few months.

Definitely subscribing to this one its looking good and i cant wait to see the fenders you got.

Haha.. i have totaly missed this post.. no i diden't get the superrunner kit from superlift.. i know i will need to get some extended radius arms later..
I have my last day at work tomorrow so monny is going to be tight untill i find a new job:thumbdwn:

I try to save some $ so i orderd the 2000 F250 brake hoses
(92 with funky fitting)

Dorman H381184 Front Brake Hose
Dorman H381186 Front Brake Hose

$(KGrHqJ,!iQFCVos)1VdBQud9+G8ow~~_32.jpg

$(KGrHqN,!g0FC1yPYgseBQumi(kv3Q~~_32.jpg

Nice man. Looking clean.

More delays on my lift and fenders...:mad:

ETA 18/3.2015

In frustration i post another driveway photo

20150304_125710.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Found another cupholder today. . (Backup)
And got my clear turn signals in the mail
(Waiting for black headlight door panels)

Your expo looks great! Where on earth did you find those clear turn signals? Also your u-bolt mounting location, have you had a chance to use them yet? Any issues connecting with the body with your tow line? Very curious as mine is the same year as yours, still mostly stock XLT and I need to fit some tow points before the moab trip in a few months.

Love your rig =)

Back