92 explorer start issue. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

92 explorer start issue.

Can a test light be used to verify power?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The area in fuel injector harness where it splits, is a weird connection that can short to engine. Also, ecm have known to have problems with swollen capacitors. A noid light will tell you when if the injector harness is sending signals. Keep in mind this is a batch fire injecteion, meaning all injectors on each bank trigger together. They are not sequential. They share the same wiring, do a short will drag them all down

If it will try to run with gas sprayed in the throttle body, most likely the elec is ok.

Keep in mind this is a batch fire injecteion, meaning all injectors on each bank trigger together. They are not sequential. They share the same wiring, do a short will drag them all down
Which engines/model-years does this apply to?

Which engines/model-years does this apply to?
91-some 93 are batch fire injection. Some 93 models ( C A) had sequential injection. All 1994 have sequential.
Batch injection wiring share the same color wire pairs , side to side, while sequential injection has color coded wire for each injector

Oh snap! I just remembered the injector harness connector is hidden and often missed. I'll have to look thru my vitamin d thread for a post number with pic. When I got it all back together it did this same thing. Found the unconnected connector

Yes the red wire should be powered with key on and the pcm sends a ground pulse on the other wire

Good test before pulling fuel rail

With what you describe about the fuel tank abs lines it is quite possible an injector or two are plugged
You can also pull a couple of spark plugs after cranking and have a look, are the tips wet w fuel?

Back