92' Front Brake Caliper Repair Kit | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

92' Front Brake Caliper Repair Kit

JaviM-BCN

Reaction score
City, State
Barcelona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
Hello!

As I shortly written on my introduction, I have to carry out a rebuild or completely replace of my front brake calipers.

I've been looking for it for a long, but I haven't been able to find any spare parts for it available on the EU, as Explorer is such an uncommon car to find here. It shouldn't be a problem, as I could just buy some compatible spare parts from any other car model. Nevertheless, I haven't been able neither to find out the specs of the piston and oil seals...

I'm about to disassemble the caliper and the pistons just to measure the parts and buy the replacements. But I'd like to avoid to have the truck outdoor at the driveway for some weeks while I buy and get the parts home.

Do you guys have any information about the specs of that model? It would be really useful for me to have any link! Even if the store you know doesn't ship to the EU, just to read the specs on it would really help me!

Best regards!
Javi

Check CARDONE for specs. If calipers are same for your EU model, may be much easier to buy remanufactured calipers depending on shipping cost. Return core refund probably not worth it when shipping from Spain.

Thank you so much Swshawaii! You make me discover our Explorer's spare parts heaven!!

Everything looks affordable and with a reasonable shipping cost. On things like that I can feel your American DIY culture... Here parts would be way more expensive for a private/personal customer, even for new models of local builders.

Now that I know that on-line store, I'd be able to repair things on my own much easier!

Thank you again!

Back