'92 XLT, 4 inch lift and 32x11.5s | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'92 XLT, 4 inch lift and 32x11.5s

Well this is my first time trying to post pics so bear with me. :) Hope they work. This is my '92 XLT with Warrior Shackles, F-150 Spring seats, a 2 inch body lift and Wild Country 32x11.5s. I just got everything done this weekend and I just took the after pics a few hours ago. There is also a link at the bottom for the album with a few more pics. I'm open to any questions or comments.
Rick

vwp

vwp

vwp

vwp

lst

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hmmm....... guess I made a wrong turn somewhere 'cuz the pics didn't automatically come up.
If anyone can fix it I would certainly appreciate it.
Anyways, the links work. :)
Rick

sweet man very sweet.

i need plans for those bumper brackets!!

what offset are your rims?

Nice looking explorer! It is the same color as mine. I am not a moderator so I cant fix it for you but here is what you have to do: put a [_img] before the link and a [_/img] after the link but without the _ Hope this helps.

Rickcar, It's looking good, glad to see that youi finally got them Shackles on there!

I love the look.

Sweet. What did the treads cost? I'm about to put a 6" lift on my 93 X, and I'm still looking at different tires. So far, Cordovan's are my choice for new rubber.

I got a steal on the tires from a friend of mine. He upgraded to BF Goodrich and sold me his old tires (not really that old with less than 8,000 miles on them) for $150 mounted and balanced! Can't go wrong at that price! :)
Rick

rick i was just wondering if you sent me those bumper brackets, i wouldnt know im still at the beach! but ill send you a check when i get home.

ahhhhh......... I'm sorry man! I completely forgot! I'll dig them up at work and get them out on Saturday.
Guess I'll have to tie a string on my finger and staple a note on my chest (OUCH) to remind me. LOL
Rick

haha aight . well im reminding you again!! Ill send you another email. Thanks again

What is the preferred route to go with...body or suspension? Mine is a 93' and I am about to lift it but debating between the body lift with the kit that "claims" to hide the frame or a suspension lift?

What do you guys think? Will be mainly for looks as I can only offroad a few times a year (for now anyway)

Some joker at work told me to just buy a real 4 wheel drive truck Dead Link Removed

flagsunset.gif
aniford.gif
Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

I honestly think it's what your budget is.
I really didn't want to spend an arm and a leg so I went the cheaper route.
The body lift runs between $50-$100 (depending on where you buy it), the warrior shackles run around $50, and the F-150 spring seats were around $25. And I used F-150 shocks so they were about $50. So in total I spent less than $200 for the lift. That's if you do the install work yourself.
Oops, I forgot I put new coil springs in too. But you don't have to if yours are good yet.
If I was looking to spend a grand or so I definitely would have gone with the Superlift which would have given me another 1 1/2 inches of clearance.
If you have an unlimited budget, the skies the limit! Literally! LOL
Rick

Thanks for the info Rick! Does your frame show? Have you heard one way or another about the kits that claim to hide the frame. I am leaning to the 3 inch body lift.

My frame shows a little bit, but not too bad at all. Nothing like when a S-10 Blazer has a body lift. They show big time!
If I remember right from your pics, you have running boards correct? If so, they will help hide the frame.
Of course your truck will sit an inch higher than mine. Mine is only a two inch lift.
No, I haven't heard about the ones that claim to hide the frame. I just don't see how this is at all possible. If you lift the truck away from the frame how do they hide it? Maybe they send some invisible paint to spray on the frame??? LOL
Rick

Oops, guess you don't have running boards! I just looked at your pics again.
As long as I'm posting again, did you notice any performance increase with the new air filter? And did it add any throttle noise? (like when you kick it down)

Yes...The KKM air filter made a big difference! It does give a throaty sound when you accelerate. My throttle response is quicker and when going up hills it is a huge difference!

It is without a doubt the best performance mod I have done yet.

Rick, buddy, um do you still have those bumper brackets?

errrrr..........ahhhhh..........well ................. hmmm well what can I say. Just give me a swift kick in the a$$ right now.
I normally have a pretty good memory but just can't seem to remember this one small thing. I did finally grab them from work and put them in my wifes car. hmmm well they never seemed to go any further than that though.
Sorry man, I will get them sent out on Monday though. Send me an email Sunday night to remind me though.
You will have them this week. :)
Rick

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i was j/w if you got those brackets out to me thanks man

Back