• Register Today It's free!

'92 XLT Radio Query

pilot_xlt

Reaction score
City, State
Freeport, Bahamas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
Got a '92 XLT out in the Bahamas and recently the radio has been acting up - I think the toggle volume control has finally gone south... If I can get my hands on a OEM CD player, will it work? I don't think it is the premium radio in there, JBL does NOT appear anywhere... It just has the toggle volume. If the OEM CD player is not a good option, what would be the best route to go replace it?

Also, does anyone know the most popular thing on the A/C system to leak - I keep putting R-12 in it and eventually it's all gone... No one here can tell me what to do...

Thanks!

Factory DIN CD Radio will work

Yes, the factory Ford DIN CD Radio will be a straight plug-in. Be sure you get a DIN CD Radio (base part number -18C815- ), NOT a DIN CD Player (base part number -19B160- ). The CD Player does not have a tuner in it, and will only work as a slave unit to Premium DIN Ford Cassette radio.

Regards,

cobrajeff

Originally posted by pilot_xlt
Also, does anyone know the most popular thing on the A/C system to leak - I keep putting R-12 in it and eventually it's all gone... No one here can tell me what to do...

Thanks!

It could be anything....an A/C shop can put dye in the system that shows up under ultra-violet light, but they would probably want you to retrofit the system to
R-134a....

Back