'93 4.0L , Fuel rail to Lower intake gasket | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

'93 4.0L , Fuel rail to Lower intake gasket

sunrse777

Reaction score
City, State
New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT Supercab 4X4
How difficult is it to change this gasket ?? I have the lower intake off the engine with the fuel rail still attached to it.. How hard is it to remove and replace this gasket ?? Thanks.. :rangerred:

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

sunrse777

Reaction score
City, State
New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT Supercab 4X4
Has anyone taken the fuel rail off the lower intake ?? I am changing the heads on my 4.0L and I have the intake off. Just wondering how difficult it is to line up the injectors and the gasket if I take the fuel rail off...... Thanks..

<

pauley

Reaction score
City, State
Madison, Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 xlt
it will be fine its not that hard use some Vaseline on the o rings that will help them go back into the intake.

<

Tony H

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
New York, Wading River (that's on Long Island)
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Eddie Bauer
I believe you need a reverse torx for two of the bolts holding the sandwich together. No positive... When I replaced injectors on a friends '93 I needed this reverse torx socket

http://www.thetoolwarehouse.net/p-3049-lisle-26750.aspx

Not hard to line up angle the Rail so the rear injectors line up and work your way forward.

<

sunrse777

Reaction score
City, State
New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT Supercab 4X4
Thanks Tony H !! That pointer of lining up the rear injectors by tilting the manifold is a good one .... BTW,,, you do need a torx socket to tighten the studs that attach the fuel rail to the lower intake ... not sure of the size, but it is a small one...

<

tootall_54

Reaction score
City, State
Worthington,IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
92' XLT
does anyone know how to completely remover a fuel rail off a 93 explorer xlt because i am looking to make it into a spcer for my 92 xlt

<