93 bronco 2 transfer case in my ex?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

93 bronco 2 transfer case in my ex??

lilgriff85

Reaction score
City, State
big bear
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 explorer 4x4 limited
Ok my electronic transfer case blows and I found a manual shift t case in a 93 bronco 2 at the junk yard? My ex is auto trans 4.0 the bronco is 2.9 manual trans.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pretty sure it will bolt right up.you dont wanna use the 2.9 trans though obviously,but it would bolt up also

I don't have the time to do that yet unfortunately this is my daily driver for now lol thanks for the input

Yes The Transfer Case will bolt up just fine , under your carpet on the trans hump you have a cover bolted down , I do believe it is the same as a BII cover , but could be wrong , I thought I remembered reading it was the same anyway .

I don't have the time to do that yet unfortunately this is my daily driver for now lol thanks for the input

Time to do what?? Why did you ask if it bolts up if you dont have time? Lol or maybe you misunderstood my post..

I thought you ment to put transmission in as well. I would love a 5 speed in my ex but thats gonna have to wait. My transfer case wont shift into 4 lo

I'd go get it before someone else does!

This link http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/TransferCases.html shows a 93 BII will have a 1354, so no front driveshaft issues like you would have if it was a 1350. It will be a completely easy swap.

Be sure to get the floor plates, the plate trim, and the rubber boot. Obviously the shifters/linkage too.

I got mine a couple years ago in a SoCal junkyard for $110, just for comparison. What's their price?

I thought you ment to put transmission in as well. I would love a 5 speed in my ex but thats gonna have to wait. My transfer case wont shift into 4 lo

O lol no I was just saying it would fit.I would still get both.the m5 from a 2.9 is a better 5speed..it has a lower first gear and is getting harder to find.worse case im sure someone would buy it from you..

You also could buy a ""shiftster"" for your auto tranfer case.that would solve the electronic part and would shift to 4lo.but you gotta crawl under the truck every time to shift to 4x4:salute:

You also could buy a ""shiftster"" for your auto tranfer case.that would solve the electronic part and would shift to 4lo.but you gotta crawl under the truck every time to shift to 4x4:salute:

I'm probably going to get a Shiftster soon. I have owned this truck for 14 years now and, lets just say the electronic shift motor mechanism is not very reliable even when cleaned and maintained.

I'm not as flexible as I was 10 years ago, but I can still get under my truck.

My theory on the Shiftster operation with manual hubs is, if I don't want to get under my truck, at that particular moment (lets say its snowy or wet under there), I can just get out and unlock my hubs, while the t-case is still in 4H, and that would work for a short time until I got into my cozy garage to get underneath. Sound ok?

All that would spin would be the front driveline, but, I don't see that adversely affecting the truck with the hubs unlocked.

I'm probably going to get a Shiftster soon. I have owned this truck for 14 years now and, lets just say the electronic shift motor mechanism is not very reliable even when cleaned and maintained.

I'm not as flexible as I was 10 years ago, but I can still get under my truck.

My theory on the Shiftster operation with manual hubs is, if I don't want to get under my truck, at that particular moment (lets say its snowy or wet under there), I can just get out and unlock my hubs, while the t-case is still in 4H, and that would work for a short time until I got into my cozy garage to get underneath. Sound ok?

All that would spin would be the front driveline, but, I don't see that adversely affecting the truck with the hubs unlocked.

Yep.just cant go high speeds or turn real real sharp, but it will get you to dry land.my buddy use to do the same thing:salute:

Yeah I'm just using some channel locks now to get her in 4 lo but my girl friend drives my truck and its snow season so I had to put the shift motor back in for now so no snow wheeling...

Didn't think they made a broncoII in 1993 plus they didn't put the M5 in the bronco II it would be an FM145 I believe-- Yes it will fit, if it is a 1350 -- but get everything along -- although it is cheaper and easier just to rebuild (or replace) the electric motor in the one you have..

That's what it said at the junk yard they could be wrong lol I just a new motor on the t case and new switch to be honest I'm just over electronic stuff.

How can I tell a 1350 t case from another is there a tag on it?

Look at the link I gave you. It has pics to ID what you have, it has charts that show what year BII have the 1354, etc.

1350 has a slip yoke rear driveshaft. 1354 is fixed

Back