93 EB need interior vinyl spray paint | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

93 EB need interior vinyl spray paint

John G

Reaction score
City, State
Milford, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Eddie Bauer
My EB is black with the tan leather interior. I recently purchased some new interior door pulls that are only available in gray so I need to paint them. Does the Ford tan color have a specific name? The auto parts stores have vinyl spray paint in tan but it isn't even close in shade.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where did you try buying the paint from?I put one of those new inserts on BigBadFred's ride and it turned out great we got the paint from autozone and it was tan:)

I went to Autozone. The tan that they have is almost like desert tan. The interior on my EB is a much different shade. It is almost like a cross between gray and tan. I am thinking that maybe it discolored from age.

I painted all my pulls black and it turned out real good it matches the dash vents:D

I went to another store and they only have tan, gray, black, white and some other normal colors. The color on my 93 EB is a cross between olive and tan. Sort of like the color of a flesh colored crayon. Anyway I painted it tan and it isn't even close but it is better than the dark gray it came in or better yet, it is better than a broken door pull.

Back