• Register Today It's free!

93 eddie bauer egr valve location

Gypsy81165

Reaction score
City, State
Wilmington, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Eddie Bauer Explorer
I have a 93 Eddie Bauer 4.0. Now some people say it is a 94 since it was manufactured in August of 93 but I always go by 93. Did a paperclip diagnostic and it came up with a code for the egr valve. I can not find it to save my life. Does anyone have pictures or diagrams they can post. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Look down on the driver side behind the A/C compressor

Most likely the dpfe sensor

Look on the driver side exhaut manifold. You'll see a tube coming off it toward the intake--the egr valve and DPFE sensor are very close to that.

In the tube from exhaust to intake there are 2 smaller rubber hoses which run to the DPFE

What code did you pull? There are a few for the egr system.

Can't seem to find it. I looked on the driver's side of the manifold. Unless it is hidden up underneath some wires and hoses and stuff it is not there. Maybe I have had too long of a day. I am stumped.

Can't seem to upload a pic. But I pulled a code 33.

http://s36.photobucket.com/user/Tin...Uploads/20141214_180240_zps621a5496.jpg.html]
20141214_180240_zps621a5496.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

You do not have EGR. If you did, it would be on that flat side of your intake manifold.

What code did you get exactly?

Looks like an early 93; has the 93/94 style power distribution box, but the earlier style intake ducting and no EGR. Probably does not have a CPS either.

You have no EGR on that truck.

I think you might have had the 111 flashed 2 times at you, which is system check ok

I can see how it would be confused with a 33, since it is 3 flashes 2 times in a row. ;)

Well that is good to know. I guess just a simple tune up is in order. The idle is a little funky when I let off the gas. That is why I did the code check. Plus she sounds a little throaty in the exhaust. Not really loud but louder than she used to be. Kind of brings back memories of the old muscle car sounds. Thanks for all of your help.

I have a 93 Eddie Bauer 4.0. Now some people say it is a 94 since it was manufactured in August of 93 but I always go by 93. Did a paperclip diagnostic and it came up with a code for the egr valve. I can not find it to save my life. Does anyone have pictures or diagrams they can post. Thanks
I have the same problem. I don't think the 93 explorer has one.

Back