• Register Today It's free!

93 exp. manual location

abear

Reaction score
City, State
sw pa.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1988 cry/ fifth av.
did several searches for a manual. for the 93 exp. keeps coming up no matches. new to the site. have reviewed, made a list of the things to check from the threads when i get the exp. so much good info. checked the sticky ^^^^^ above. didn't see a manual location. has a sun roof, anything to watch for opening , or takeing it out.? my buddy wants to check the frame. any sections i should check, known weak sections if any. have written list from the threads, IAC valve cleaning, window/ motor/ gears bad, TPS valve? check radius arm bushings, front bearings, o2 sensor check. know there is much to check, repair. when the suv was new, it was a good looking ride. i'm looking forward to do what maint. i can do. the info on this forum will help me much. already know it needs a tune up, wires and plugs. anything else to check replace? the passenger side plug change looks really tight, would it be easier to change them from the wheel well, have large hands. please add any suggestions. thanks for any info, your time.

Personally, I like factory service manuals, and they are widely available on internet auction sites... the dealerships are selling their old copies. They are year specific, so you would want the 1993 set. There should be 3 volumes you can buy one at a time or as a set, one for power train, one for chassis and one for wiring diagrams. The powertrain and chassis volumes are nearly the size of phone books and well detailed for your exact vehicle. The wiring book is only about an inch thick but has all the wiring sizes, colors, connectors and locations including all options.

So, when I got my well used explorer, I simply got the maintenance schedule and one-by-one, did everything. The plug you are talking about is not too terrible, yes, through the wheelwell. It helps if you have a good collection of socket extensions. I have XXL hands and I didn't have much trouble. A really nice little project is to go through the front wheels down to the ball joints. There is a good thread on that. If you have automatic hubs, most people change over to manual ones, that's easy. It's a good vehicle to work on, I often just go out and fiddle with it just for the therapy value.

Good Luck!

Back