93 Expl. 25a Blinker-A/C Fuse keeps blowing | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

93 Expl. 25a Blinker-A/C Fuse keeps blowing

J420N

Reaction score
I'm not sure how my girlfriend does it, but everytime she drives her 1993 Explorer XLT, her A/C and Blinkers go out, they work again when we replace the 25a fuse.... I can't replicate the problem, thus, I can only take wild educated stabs at what the problem might be.

I've checked for wires shorting it out (especially the loose radio wires when the new radio was stolen) and fixed any that looked suspicious. Oddly enough, the hazards still work, but just the blinkers themselves, no light, no gauge panel blink or the little tick noise when it blinks.

I'm also not sure why the A/C goes out as well... everytime it's both of them. The A/C doesn't blow, doesn't light up, nothing until the 25a fuse is replaced.

Also, does anyone have a fuse diagram for a 93 explorer?

I'm not sure how my girlfriend does it, but everytime she drives her 1993 Explorer XLT, her A/C and Blinkers go out, they work again when we replace the 25a fuse.... I can't replicate the problem, thus, I can only take wild educated stabs at what the problem might be.

I've checked for wires shorting it out (especially the loose radio wires when the new radio was stolen) and fixed any that looked suspicious. Oddly enough, the hazards still work, but just the blinkers themselves, no light, no gauge panel blink or the little tick noise when it blinks.

I'm also not sure why the A/C goes out as well... everytime it's both of them. The A/C doesn't blow, doesn't light up, nothing until the 25a fuse is replaced.

Also, does anyone have a fuse diagram for a 93 explorer?
I have the same problem on my 1994 Explorer 4X4: blinkers don't work (while hazard is ok) and also the blower doesn't work...Do you have a solution?
Thanks.
Carlo (from Italy)

Back