• Register Today It's free!

93 explorer mods

Alf0nz025

Reaction score
City, State
lewiston, ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Explorer Sport
hello everyone, i am looking to lower my 93 explorer sport. and also put a body kit with air dams and the whole deal. but with my research so far all i can find are raising kits. if anyone knows of where to find kits for what i want. or if you yourself sells stuff please let me know. thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey, theres no lowering kits that i know of, i have a 92, i might just put a 2 inch lift on top of the axel in back to lower it and heat the springs up front. There was a body kit made for the explorers by stillen but was not for a sport and they dont make it anymore. heres what it looked like.
http://www.stillen.com/

jasonf83...is your explorer 4wd?? if so how did you lower the front?

Where'd you get that grille?

jason, how did you get that ranger front valance to fit on your truck? If you dont mind, Id love to do the same thing to mine.

I think that you meant to list a different website. When I typed up aim.com I got a AOL instant messenger website. Could you check on that Jason? Thanx

Click on the www below to check out my 93 Sport. As for air dams you can pick up a Ranger 4x4 valence from fordpartsonline.com for $43 and it will fit but you have to drill a few holes. You can also check out www.truckperformance.com for another style which is really cool but expensive. Here is a link to AIM and some of the bumpers they make too: http://64.49.196.9/subcatmfgprod.asp?0=231&1=627&2=-1

just to let all you know that "Eibach" makes a 2" drop spring for the 2WD, but I don't see how the springs wouldn't work for a 4WD, right? Aaanyone have a difference of opinion? Let me know. The only thing you may have to deal with is notching your oil pan so it doesn't slam against your front differentials. If you take a look at these, it doesn't look like you may have the room without doing so, right? One bad bump and you need a new oil pan to say the least...

also forgot to mention that these springs were for 91-94 explorer. May have the newer years, didn't check...

Yep I did see that valance

Yep, a S10 blazer was coming towards me with that same air dam and it looked pretty good I must say and it was white the color of the vehicle and I was going to buy it but never did because it is a lot of money and I have seen better ones out. I like the limited one better

Back