'93 Explorer Solid Axle Swap and Fiberglass Front End - Rick Horwitz | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'93 Explorer Solid Axle Swap and Fiberglass Front End - Rick Horwitz

'93 Explorer Solid Axle Swap and Fiberglass Front End

After nearly a year I finally updated the
feature page for my own Explorer. Check
out the Dana 44 installation and the
transformation into the "Great Pumpkin".

Transformation

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

this kicks...i want to do this to mine..really...perrys front is my next thing

thanks rick, i was wondering if you were going to post anything about it. i'm thinking about perrys kit. where did you get headlights?

i plan on getting mine with clears and from ebay....the grill too

We've got a place in Phoenix called Autofit that carries all the body parts at prices at least half of what the dealers charge and the parts are new. They are just made in Taiwan, or other foreign countries.

That's where I got the headlights and the header panel.

got a link to this? or contact something?

They are on Buckeye Rd. in Phoenix, that's all I know.

This is for every one that wants to copy Ricks truck. Just print out his tech page and you've got your blue prints.
Great write up Rick!:D
This will definetly help me with my rig. Maybe wristed radius arms instead of 4-link.
Any ways thanks Rick and it looks good!

studdedX. you took the words out of my mouth.....rick truck is what i want mine to be like

rick thats really cool that your truck got featured in a magazine, what was it like?

It was awesome to get featured in a magazine, especially getting the cover!

The day after I got my truck out of the paint shop I entered the truck in the show-n-shine at the Arizona Truckin' Nationals. As we were leaving the grounds on the Sunday afternoon someone flagged me down as we were driving out. The guy asked if I wanted to come back the next day to have my truck photographed for Off-Road. He didn't have to ask twice! Off-Road got my feature article on the cover in just 3 months which is record time for them.

The amazing thig is I already had a photo shoot scheduled with Fourwheeler Magazine for the following Friday. I did the shoot, but I think Four Wheeler didn't appreciate that I had a cover at Off-Road so they have never run there photos from that day. If they had asked I would have told them :rolleyes:

I don't know about Perry's fenders (the ones that don't change your bodystyle) but Camburg makes a set for '91-'94 that keep the square front and have a 4" flare. I think they're $135 apiece. www.camburg.com go to "what's new" and "extreme explorer" :smoke: (god i wish i could afford that rig - either the camburg or Rick's...)

Collin (Fender Guy) Ignacio has the Perry's front end which allows him to keep the square style.

I'm not sure how many inches of flare it provides.

I'm pretty sure those a 5" flares, I dont want that much that is why I was wondering about the ranger 3"
Rick, who is the Tom in the White Navajo(that I thought Tom Davis's truck resurected) that you were with on those Nov. 9 photos? It appeared that he had glass fenders.

Tom Rios, Fakrwee. He has the same fenders as Collin.

The Pumpkin is lookin' as good as ever, Rick. I can't wait to see that thing in person again...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My rear flares are Bushwhackers, painted to match. They come black.

Back