93 Explorer Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

93 Explorer Sport

This is my 93 explore sport 4.0 5 speed tinted windows all around 15% front. Winshield and back window 5% pretty much stock. Will Do more mods to it. You can all tell me what ya think

As i update my sploder I'll update you all with new pics from Before and after Pics.
explore_sized.jpg

exploreside_sized.jpg

exploreleft_sized.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have installed a 3inch body lift along with some new great stock winter/tires. My ex now she is coming along real great I have some pics to show off here..

passanger_rear_sized-3.jpg

passanger_front_sized-3.jpg

front_of_truck_after_bl_sized-3.jpg

front_driver_sized-3.jpg

front_driver_side_sized-3.jpg

front_angle_of_truck_sized-3.jpg

driver_side_rear_thumb-3.jpg

driver_side_rear_sized-3.jpg

driver_rear_side_thumb-2.jpg

driver_rear_side_sized-2.jpg

rear_sized-2.jpg

nice sport u got there feonix

looks good, now it needs some bigger tires...lol

Thanks alot guys...

I like her alot too.. My Wife Says i spend to much time with her than spending time with her lol.. I love em Both Yes she needs bigger tires but im kida in a bind. I would like to put 35x12.5x15 on but if i do now i will have to chop up the fenders. I dont really want to do that I want to put the 4inch Lift kit on so i dont have to chop up the fenders. Only a few problems dont have the cash for the kit the gears or the tires. So i guess im going to wait on the 35s or any ida's what i can and should do??

Also can someone fill me in on gears people say i need em when getting bigger tires. Im still new to this so im kida like HUH. Would i need them for 35's and where would they go and are they axles or new tranny or new rear ends.. Thanks for the info really need it..

Dennis

Really liking the reflective tint. Makes me want to go back and do my middle and front windows like that.

Really liking the reflective tint. Makes me want to go back and do my middle and front windows like that.

Hey Thanks

I took it to a great tint shop in my town they are great.. Well the explore was all ready factory tinted anyhow did know it would be a problem and i was not going to replace all the windows. So my plan was to make it all 5% all the way around but after running into that problem. It looked way to bad So we tried 15% all way round but front and back 5% and being factory tinted it kinda reflects like a silver tint which makes it kida cool. I like it it though...

Dennis

Update on sploder

well after i put on some new tires and a 3inch body lift i decided to take her off roading down to rausch creek in pa. What a great time i had breaking her ripping a few things off an so on. Nothing i can't fix Its just money right. LOL
Remember it was my 1st time so i was all new and was not sure what was going to happen.

101_0203_sized.jpg

101_0195_sized.jpg

101_0194_sized.jpg

101_0185_sized.jpg

MORE HERE http://s1231.photobucket.com/user/feonix1123/library/niora run my 1st event

i have alot more but you guys get the point I had a ball the sploder is growing

update on sploder

After repairing my sploder from RC i decided to get bigger tires and better rims
along with a new bumper. USED TIRES NEW RIMS.

101_0485.jpg

101_0487.jpg

101_0486.jpg

New Bumper Made by BBP I love this guys work he does the BEST TY so much Pottsy

101_0325_sized.jpg

101_0324_sized.jpg

101_0323_sized.jpg

101_0322_sized.jpg

101_0321_sized.jpg

101_0320_sized.jpg

101_0328_sized.jpg

Update on sploder
Went and updated the stock air filter box and went with a nice cone filter

101_0317_thumb.jpg

101_0317_sized.jpg

101_0319_sized.jpg

update as of 05-18-08

The Front f150 coil seats and the rear shackles are installed now Sorry no pics the only thing i see is that the truck did lift about 1-1/2 inches and pretty much leveled out im guessing. I never measured before i did the shackles and front coil seats. LOL I'm very happy with the sploder.

f150 coils
coilspacers010py2.jpg

Rear Shackles

OLD Shackles
101_0593.jpg

101_0593.jpg

101_0591.jpg

101_0590.jpg

101_0589.jpg

101_0588.jpg

NEW shackles
101_0596.jpg

101_0595.jpg

I took off both Sway bars front and rear It took me forever cause i was scared. LOL

I installed my new hubs used cost me $44 at my junk yard for my New manual locking hubs but used. Im so happy Looks real good here are some pics.

OLD HUBS
auto_hub_pass_sized.jpg

auto_hub_driver_sized.jpg

My $44 Kit Beats 150-200 Bills

manual_locks_and_hardware_sized.jpg

My driver side all most done

101_0789_sized.jpg

Installed

manual_installed_driver_sized.jpg

manual_installed_driver_sized.jpg

some testing after installed hubs

my_new_trail_in_back_yd_sized.jpg

no_sway_bar_in_front_sized.jpg

I really like em they don't really look that bad what do you guys think

Hey Guys/Gals NEW ITEM on my SPLODER

Hey its a roof rack and Hitch LOL i took the rack off before i painted it and the sploder looked funnie. LOL so i really needed to throw it back on LOL.

im kida iffy about the hitch i think its too low to wheel with being i have a 3 inch body lift. So i take it off before wheeling.

Update as of 10/21/13
Roof rack is gone n Sold LOL.

199395_104299572988463_2843809_n.jpg

200374_104299586321795_7850779_n.jpg

200159_104299622988458_6131687_n.jpg

206475_104299606321793_39810_n.jpg

206622_104299616321792_1116910_n.jpg

Nice explorer. That thing looks like a lot of fun to wheel. I pretty much have the same setup you do. (3 inch body, shackles & spacers) I just gotta get bigger tires. You'll have to take a look at mine sometime. The link is in my signature!

lookin good... how'd you break the window?

lookin good... how'd you break the window?

Thanks
LOL

Rausch Creek Offroad park going down a trail with a tree leaning out a little too much. I tryed to stay to the left and as i come back down the rear slid right into the Tree LOL.. I just filled it with plastic for now along with the one next to it as well on the left LOL. Same reason but slid nxt to a tree at my house.

Update on Explore back in Sept i put new tires on her Take a look

33x12.50x15 Super Swamper Trxus Mud Tires

PICS WILL COME SOON THEY ARE ON A LOST MISSION..

Back in sept i also removed all the carpet so i would not have a water problem. Also all the pannels as well LOL
My Explore is getting pretty bear inside LOL.

Im still not complete on this project but its okay for now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Update on Exploder

As of FEB i bought a New to me Tow Rig to haul my Ex down to the park

She is a 1988 K2400 GMC w350 V8 3/4 ton Extra cab has a 3 speed tranny and Runs Great best thing i bought.

PICS TO COME

Back