93 Ford Explorer 4.0L with a vacuum leak. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

93 Ford Explorer 4.0L with a vacuum leak.

simi408

Reaction score
City, State
san jose
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 xlt
i have a 93 expolrer with a 4.0 l auto transmition on the vacume sorce from the top of the rear of the engine there is a 6 port vacume sorce. the lines going to the brake booster, ac but on the vary front port is not covered. in some manuels it show i could go to the transmition. can any one help. i could have swarn that it was not conected to it at all. a couple of weeks a go when i started my truck i heard a big vacume leak
i found that port was uncovered. i pluged it with my finger and every thing was like before. i looked all under the under carage and the area right by the engine and there was no missing hoses or lose hoses. i dont know what to do and need help.
tanks
mike

i had this a while ago, just go to napa and buy a vac plug, and put it over the empty vac sourse on the tree.
i found later that that vac source was plugged, and i bumped off the plug while doin some seafoam.
but ya if there arent any loose hoses, just plug it

Welcome to this forum! I've renamed, and moved your thread to the stock 91-94 section. Check the line for signs of transmission fluid. A bad modulator could cause the vacuum line to get disconnected. It's possible that the vacuum cap could have dried up, and fallen off.

Back