93 ford explorer shake while acceleration | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

93 ford explorer shake while acceleration

junglefever

Reaction score
City, State
florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 ford explorer
Hey I'm new to the forums and recently gotten a 93 ford explorer Eddie Bauer with 90,000 original miles. I am have some issues with it but my main concern is when I accelerate at low speeds to front drivers side seems to make like a shake thudding feel, if I let go of the accelerator it stops, but press on it again and the shakes begin again. These shakes dont happen when the truck is still cold once it warms up it thuds loud. I dont know where to look can someone help?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would check the U joints on the drive shafts.

Sounds to me like your engine is running really ruff . Have you tuned it up ??

Mechanic took a look at it, driver side motor mount >.<
Are you able to just replace 1? Or is it best to replace them all?

If 1 is bad, the other probably isn't far behind it. Good idea to do both motor mounts and the transmission cross member mount all together.

Alright thanks mayjan. Any idea how much this would typically be? I got a mechanic say he can do the 1 motor mount for 100$. Motor mount 40$, labor 60$.

You can buy all 3 of the mounts for roughly $60 total. Just do a search her on how to do it yourself, or pick up a Haynes manual. Either way, you'll save a bunch of $ doing it yourself, and it's not too difficult! :)

Back