• Register Today It's free!

93 ranger frount drive shaft

john93rangerstx

Reaction score
City, State
warwick ri
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 rangers stx
My front drive shaft is squeaks I going to repack u joint but some one said it not that easy on the ranger it's a 4.0 I have replaced u joints befor so are thy different

my friends replaced a few for me..... one axis of the joints freeze up causing all kinds of noises in 4x4 they used a steel stake and sledge but can be done with a press to get them out quite a bit of work without a press but can be done need someone to hold the stake

good thing to replace them they freeze and wob and cause problems thumps and jerks
on the wheels the third ujoint up by the pumpkin seems to be ok but the two on the front axels were shot the ujoints were snapping off the little posts in my automatic hubs making them grind had to take the cams out just to roll down the street

not everthing im looking for concerning noise up front my system engages ok and have even got a set of manual hubs but post if yo got more info

im looking for some noise coming off the pumpkin or drive shaft when engaging 4x4
not sure mine sounds like a fairly annoying consistant type of grinding noise :/ .... hard to imagine somthing in the pumpkin is broken rather possibly there is deffective member in the pack of thrust washers it looks fairly bullit proof but need a write up

if it sounds loppy its the ujoints if its grinding it could be anything round :)

Back