93 Ranger Mirror Upgrade? What Fits? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

93 Ranger Mirror Upgrade? What Fits?

jeffpcell

Reaction score
City, State
Cleveland Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Explorer XLT
I'm a pretty big fan of my 91XLT explorer, but my wife wanted a small truck, the exploder's a little big for her taste. I bought her a 93 ranger, because she wanted the rounded body style and I wanted something easy to work on, which I already learned all the quirks of OBD1 with my exploder. Her little ranger kind of turned into the family truckster while I rebuild the axles on my beast. Here in lies the problem, It's got some pretty chinsey little mirrors on it that have no vertical adjustment ( you can tip them left and right but not up and down ) I want to transplant some mirrors off an explorer or something that is a bit more sturdy, does anyone know what I can fit on there? It looks like they have the same footprint as my first gen explorer, and I've heard of people upgrading to 2nd or 3rd gen mirrors on a first gen truck. I don't care if they are power mirrors or not, as the current setup is only manual mirrors, and I could still manually adjust a power mirror if I had to. I'm a fairly big guy for that little truck, and can't really see in the mirrors properly. Seeing the ground in your mirror is nice when the guy behind you has his brights on, but is annoying any other time!:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any set of mirrors from a 93-97 Ranger should fit, even if you don't have the wiring for the power mirrors to work.

Mirrors from the 94-97 Mazda B-series pickups should be a direct fit as well.

I'm not so sure Explorer mirrors will fit, but there's a good chance they do since it's doubtful Ford would want to produce that many variations on side mirrors between the available trucks and SUV's available at the time. The interior sail panels are probably even the same as a 93-94 Explorer since the Ranger interior wasn't updated until later.

Try the Explorer mirror. If it does fit, the 91-2001 mirrors will all swap.

Thank's y'all

Thanks for the info, I should have thought of the fact that the 91-2001 x's ran pretty much the same hardware for all kinds of stuff.... all the way down to rocker panels, rear fenders and the like. I'll take a whack at test fitting a mirror of the 91 exploder this weekend.

Ranger mirrors, and Explorer Mirrors are NOT the same.

It took quite a but of fabrication work to get the Street Scene Ranger mirrors to fit on my Explorer.

Ryan

Back