'93 sport grill replacement | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'93 sport grill replacement

My son is now driving my trashed '93 sport with 289,000 +/- miles on it, and we are trying to get it back to respectable appearance. During a snow storm a couple of years ago, my sport got hit by a falling piece of ice and knocked the ford emblem and part of the grill off......well..... the grill. $187.00 @ the dealer. http://www.autopartsdeal.com/catalog/?N=1616+10333+4294967005+9214 has it for $16.95 + shipping. But it doesn't have the Ford logo on it. and you can't just add it, as the black sport model's actually hangs down from the top rail of the grill. All the other places I have checked on line sell the EXACT same grill. Same photo and everything. Has anyone found an exact replacement for a reasonable price?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Never mind. I just checked Ebay, and someone has a used one up for bid with the Ford logo on it. I got to look at it in an enlarged picture and it doesn't hang down like I eroniously remembered. It just gets glued onto the flat top rail, and the repacement grill for sale in the link above probably has the same space to put it in.

OK, new question. Now that I've determined that the new grill is just going to need a new emblem or logo or badge, whatever is the correct term, where do I find one? I found one on a trade-me site, but it was a specific size in (mm) and I have no idea what size this is going to need to be. Is there a place on the net that would have these specs, or do you guys who do body work have a source?

i have a first gen grille with emblem lying around if your interested

Throw a `93/`94 Limited Grille on it....they are the best looking 1st Gen Grill...

Ryan

i used a grille outta 89 bronco II on mine since my other 1 was toast when i bought it , still want a X one but this 1 is better than nothing i suppose

Back