93 sport stock ride height Question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

93 sport stock ride height Question

goliath

Reaction score
City, State
martinez, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 explorer 4x4 sport
hi,

I have lifted and modified my truck but i have no idea how much lift i ended up with. Its a sport, which makes it difficult to tell cause a sport sits higher than a 4 door stock.

So my question is, what is the stock height of a 2 door first gen explorer sport.

if no one knows, then maybe a number measured for X amount of lift on a first gen sport. If i have a reference number to go off of i can judge how much lift i got, then i can tell better what tires to run on it. I couldnt measure when i got the truck because one of the stock springs in the front was sheared, causing 2 inches of sag:( on one side.

I want 33 inch truxus mt, but will settle for 32 inch dunlop mts if i dont have enough lift. i am running 4.10 gears currently with an auburn ls in rear.

lifts installed.
2 inch skyjacker kit
.5 inches of washers under front coils(found mod info in ranger forum)
1 inch longer shackles in rear(originally for a 1.25 yj lift i believe.) gives .5 inch lift
1 inch body lift blocks and relocated bumpers (blocks are performance accesories replacement blocks for a pickup)
31/10.5/15 BFG AT/KO tires

I searched but came up empty :rolleyes:

Thanks,
Joshua

here are some pictures.

side.jpg

front.jpg

back.jpg

angle.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You look plenty high enough. Yours looks higher than mine and I'm running 33x10.5" BFGs on 15x8 wheels with 3.75" BS. If you run a 12.5" wide tire you're going to need new wheel because 1) the tires are too wide fro the wheels (debatable) and 2) you'll probably have rubbing issues on the inside. I'd recommend a wheel with the same measurements I have. It'll look mint.

P.S. You'll be able to trim IF there is any rubbing.

Width of the tire is going to be your main issue. You could prolly be ok with the 10.5s, but 12.5s will definately be a problem with only 3" of total lift.

Originally posted by Robb
Width of the tire is going to be your main issue. You could prolly be ok with the 10.5s, but 12.5s will definately be a problem with only 3" of total lift.

Yup, I got 3.5in of lift 1.5in b/l 33x12.5 a/t's with minor trimming and rub at lock w/ a hare of flex...
such as backing out of driveways i can get it to rub...

so whats the verdict, can i run 33/12.5/15 or should i run 32/11.5/15?
I still would like the ride height mesurement so I know how much lift the skyjacker coils gave me. I think they gave 3 inches, but am not sure. if so then i would have 4.5 inches of lift over a stock 4 door (which is what all the kits and tire rubbing is based on).
Thanks, Joshua

Back