93 Sport - Won't Start - Here's what I got so far... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

93 Sport - Won't Start - Here's what I got so far...

HappyBuddaH

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Sport - '03 Ranger
The clutch pedal position switch has been acting finicky, I'd sometimes have to play with the plug before it would turn over. I could turn the key and get a 'rrr-rrr-rrr' noise but, the fan and everything would turn indicating my starter was ok.
Just installed a new CPP switch, then -
The 6 wire pigtail & plug (Motorcraft part #WPT 518) that comes from behind the emergency brake that plugs into the CPP switch is all kinds of chewed up, so I cut the last two wires before the plug and put them on an on-off switch left the CPP disconnected & it started right up. Did some further work on my clutch pedal & master cylinder then got the no start condition again. The new pigtail/wiring harness is a dealer only (junkyard) item, but I want to make sure this is my likely problem - a short or something like that - before I drive 4 hours again to put it on my truck. Any info would be quite helpful.
Thanks,

anybody? i'm planning on doing the work friday so any ideas before then would help.

Back