adamsbro2

Bryan
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Twin falls, ID
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XLT
Ok so I have had the truck for 2 years. as long as i have had it i have thought there was no thermostat in it or it was stuck open because it NEVER got even to the N of NORMAL on the temp gauge. I recently installed new gears tires and lift kit and the first few times i drove it it appeared normal now it seems to be getting to the middle of the NORMAL on the temperature gauge. So far everything seems to be ok it doesn't appear to have been overheating. I do have a couple things i plan to check tomorrow and i will update here but i thought i would just throw the issue out there and see if anyone else has experienced this or had an idea of what was up! Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think an aftermarket temp gauge is probably in order. I just don't trust the factory one. Have to add it to my to do list.

I would change the thermostat, flush the system and have a good look at your hoses to see if they should be replaced. I lost my bottom hose and had to replace my heads as a result. I changed the entire system except for the rad. Heater core, hoses, etc etc. nothing to worry about now.

wood1 said:
I think an aftermarket temp gauge is probably in order. I just don't trust the factory one. Have to add it to my to do list.

I would change the thermostat, flush the system and have a good look at your hoses to see if they should be replaced. I lost my bottom hose and had to replace my heads as a result. I changed the entire system except for the rad. Heater core, hoses, etc etc. nothing to worry about now.

Ouch that sucks!!! I wanted to check for coolant loss and it doesn't appear to be losing any! Also checked oil cause I was afraid of the head gasket!! But no coolant there either thank God!! I think you may be right about the gauge I guess I need to do the pillar pod mod while I'm at it lol!!

How'd you make out? Hub screw up your plans?

Back