• Register Today It's free!

93 Transfer Case on 97

properdees

Reaction score
City, State
Europe
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 93 XLT
Can anyone tell me. I have a bad transfer case on my 97 Explorer SOHC 4.0. and I have someone with a 93 case that says it will fit the 97. Is this true. How can I tell if the 93 will fit before I buy it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What transfer case is in your 97? AWD or Low range?

The 93 T case is a BW1354 (electric shift most likely)

Have you tried a search?

It is an AWD T case.

Thanks for your input.

Bob

Well the BW1354 is a low range T case, so that right there causes you some huge issues. the AWD T case should be a 6 bolt pattern as well, which means no the 1354 will not bolt up, not even close, but again I am going just by what I think I know about your truck, others will know exactly what T case you have and if they are compatible,.

old thread...but would an electric shift 1354 bolt up to my 95? and what could be done to retain the stock 4wd knob that i have now? arent the 1354s push button? Im trying to make this easy and i really dont want to deal with the manual linkage which is why i want the electronic...how hard of a job would this be?

EDIT: just realized that this thread was started in the complete wrong section. maybe a mod could move this to where it belongs? ;)

Back