• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

93 x SAS

Setinu

Reaction score
City, State
Gill CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93XLT
I've been done with my SAS for a little over a year and could'nt be more happy with the results. Here is a condenced list of mods.
HP d44
OX locker
5.38 gears
early bronco coils from Wild Horses
12" stroke Fox Shocks
DOM tie rod and drag link
3 link with johnny joints
home made bead locks
d60 rear
Detroit locker
5.38 gears
mix of x and bronco leafs
11" stroke Fox Shocks
I have pics on our web site here:http://www.northerncolorado4x4.com

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Setinu

Reaction score
City, State
Gill CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93XLT
jim ex 2_edited-1.jpg

moody08 054 resized_edited-1.jpg

These Are my pix of the X

Last edited:

Setinu

Reaction score
City, State
Gill CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93XLT
Let me know what you guys think.

wombat

Reaction score
City, State
Hodgenville, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 EB 4D
I like the look of it running the full width axels. Did you use the stock explorer steering box?

Setinu

Reaction score
City, State
Gill CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93XLT
Yes I did but it is pretty tired. the steering in kinda hard with the 37x14.00 tires. I would like to step up to PSC steering with hydro assist.

Setinu

Reaction score
City, State
Gill CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93XLT
anyone on here from Colorado? I'm in northern CO

SMexplorer92

Reaction score
City, State
joppa md
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 xlt
that thing looks awsome with the full widths

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4

offroader_69_me

Elite Explorer
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Trinidad, Crawlorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT
DAMN I thought mine was WIDE looks good!

Joey P

Reaction score
City, State
Denver, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Strac
Looks great! It's WIDE. what's the width?(is that called track width?)

Setinu

Reaction score
City, State
Gill CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93XLT
Yea I know its wide, but the wheels were free. They are 10" wide, then I made the beadlocks. That added another inch or more per side. I never measured it but I will when I get a chance. I just got a dana 60 front and going to go to 40" pitbull rockers. I gotta go 3" higher to fit them. I have a three link not radius arms. I used johnny joints at the frame end, 2" square tube for the link and rubber spring bushings for the axle end. I think it works very good, but its very squirrely on the highway. Go to www.northerncolorado4x4.com and check out some action shots. I tryed the f150 spring swap and it works great, but i modified it with adding 2 more leafs from an early bronco. now I got 6 leafs. They are thin but have alot more arch. I netted 2 1/2" of lift. It's not too stiff and flexes good. I would be happy to answer any more questions that you may have.

fixxxer

Reaction score
City, State
Aurora, Co.
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XLT 4X4
hi Setinu, there are actually quite a few of us Coloradoans lurking here and there in the shadows :) Great snow we got to play in today, huh?

Setinu

Reaction score
City, State
Gill CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93XLT
I didn't get to go play in the snow, but I wish I could have.My club is going to left hand here in a couple of weeks. It would be nice if there were more X's there!

JTX

Reaction score
City, State
New Mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt
Have you had problems with axle shafts running those tires? I just got 38's for mine, scared of whats to come lol.

Setinu

Reaction score
City, State
Gill CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93XLT
Ya I got problems. I broke the drivers side shaft when it was still open.Then I broke the passenger side shaft, u joint and the hub all in one shot. I got a d60 waiting in the garage waiting for more money!

jacobmc

Reaction score
City, State
wetumpka,alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 ranger
does it drive ok down the highway?

Setinu

Reaction score
City, State
Gill CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93XLT
it drives like crap on the highway. no swaybars, super soft springs, beadlocked wheels, and bias ply 37x14.00 tires make for an interesting ride. I trailer it everywhere.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

pauley

Reaction score
City, State
Madison, Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 xlt
what size lift springs did you use in the front? and how much lift did that generate from stock?? also what shocks did you use? my d44 hp sas has ranchos that are for a 4 inch 78 bronco lift and i have no clue what the springs are and the springs need to be replaced id like to keep it the same hight if not a little taller would be fine to. also how much rear lift do you have resulting from the leaf set up you have? i also have no idea what mine are and they are still good but im just guessing ill need them some time.

sorry for all the questions i guess i should have built it instead of bought it.