"93 xlt locks/alarm only 1/2 way arms itself: | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

"93 xlt locks/alarm only 1/2 way arms itself:

jimpl

Reaction score
City, State
houston,texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
93xlt
It's been doing this for awhile but now it's getting worse.
When I turn off the engine and exit the vehicle, I push the button on the remote and it should lock the doors and set the alarm. It does all that, but sometimes it leaves the parking lights on. Usually I can unlock and reset with the remote and the lights go out, but last night they would not. I had to disconnect the battery so I could leave my car. Today I reconnected the battery, drove to work and now the alarm sets just fine!
That sounds like a sticky relay to me but I don,t know where to look for it.
Any thoughts from yall?
Jim

fyi- it's an xlt so does that mean it's aftermarket alarm? The little red light in the dash looks factory, and all the doors lock and unlock with the remote.

OK I dug around and found the alarm owners manual. It is made by "Code Alarm" and is a Pro Series 3000 alarm.Appears to have been installed in '93! I found some info on another site but no answer about the thing with the lights staying on except that they come on during the arming sequence and are supposed to go back off and a second "chirp" verifies alarm is set.
Do these things wear out?

i was to guess i bet no being factory ( could be wrong tho) mines a 94 and when i got it i found a small black box under the dash witha weird type of plug-end cord off to one side (like it plugged into something ) .
the wires under the dash (2 of them) were cut and spliced together on each end of the cut and then routed into the box .when i was cleaning up the bottom of the dash (tie wrapping wires and such for neatness) i decided to remove this strange box ( did not goto anything and served no purpose) ,i said to myself well i'll just remove this strange cord sticking out one side of the box (so i did...left the box) .

got done and went to start the truck ......no click ..no start ...dead ! l'm like what ?????? so i put the plug end cord back into the box and went to start and good as new !? started right up .(good to know tho if want to diasable the starter / truck being stolen)

i have power locks but no remote on mine maybe thats only on xlt but i do have some after market stickers on the windows that say protected by blah blah blah.so after makrket security system right ?

maybe thats what you got but it's a after market deal that a dealer did as a add on when it was on the dealership lot waiting to be sold ?

Back