• Register Today It's free!

93 xlt rear axle speed(abs) sesor

wildcatsmale

Reaction score
City, State
montreal, quebec
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 xlt
when i bought the truck somebody cut the wires leading up to the rear sensor, so i figured that the sensor was no good, bought a new one and retaped the wires together. i've been trying to remove the old sensor and can't, don't want to use to much force thinking it might break and fall inside, i know there is only a rubber gasket holding it in, it swivels back and forth but i can't pop it out any suggestions. thanks:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would try using a screwdriver to gently pry it out.

i tried that and i broke part of it off, i'm goingt to call ford tommorow and see what they say, i'll let you know.

someone cut the wires leading to yours? hmm.. someone unplugged mine and stole it while my truck sat in my driveway! i changed diff cover gaskets like 3 times, bought stock in permatex gasket adhesive, and have a stockpile of gear oil bc i couldnt figure out where i was leaking diff fluid from. then a friend put it on a lift and says 'hey.. wheres your abs sensor' no joke. when i say stole i mean stole bc the connector was unplugged, the sensor was taken out, and the bolt was half threaded back in. consider yourself lucky! lol

i can't believe that someone would go to that much trouble for a 30 dollar part, and yes i would condsider myself lucky in this case.:eek:

well i called ford and they told me same thing with a screw driver, side to side prying it out. oh well here we go.

its really gay. sorry.. i mean retarded. oops, im not even gonna try to be PC about the matter.

dont you hate it when remedial tasks take forever and youre forced to go back to a time b4 fancy tools and pry out a part with screwdrivers? sometimes the simplest way is the best way though.

Back