• Register Today It's free!

93 Xlt side exit exhaust

Dstariha

Reaction score
City, State
Sammamish
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
I have a 93 Xlt with a 50 series delta Flowmaster and I want to run it out between the running board and rear tire. Is it possible on this model? thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if you arent worried about ground clearence it can be done, but your wheel will constantly be dirty. My dads 97 f-150 was setup like that from the factory and there were so many complaints about soot on the wheel that ford came out with a recall to relocate the tail pipe exit to behind the tire. IMHO it looks way better that way anyway

jd4242 did his own side exhaust, looked sweet.

Shouldn't be too hard. Just run a elbow piece from the pipe coming off the muffler. Though you may burn the plastic running board after a while.

unfortunately i cannot run it between the frame and leaf spring which would work perfectly except for the fact that it's a spring.... can I go under?

i run mine between the spring and frame behind the tire, but there is less clearance in front of the tire

jd4242 did his own side exhaust, looked sweet.

:Dthanks man;)

I have a 93 Xlt with a 50 series delta Flowmaster and I want to run it out between the running board and rear tire. Is it possible on this model? thanks

anything is possible with a welder.mine is ran above the frame and trimmed the rocker.i have a 3" body lift and no running boards.you would need a offset or two 45* and a 90*.you need to kick it down to clear the frame.its going to hang real low tho.i would suggest just a dump it(90* down) right in front the axle.if you have inspections in your state i suggest you run it out the back because anywhere else wont pass.here some pics of mine,keep in mind mine is for "OFF ROAD USE ONLY" and my motor and trans is solid mounted;)

ex1-1.jpg

ex2-1.jpg

fininshedex4.jpg

fininshedex3.jpg

fininshedex2.jpg

finishedex.jpg

fininshedex1.jpg

if you arent worried about ground clearence it can be done, but your wheel will constantly be dirty. My dads 97 f-150 was setup like that from the factory and there were so many complaints about soot on the wheel that ford came out with a recall to relocate the tail pipe exit to behind the tire. IMHO it looks way better that way anyway

It was also somewhat unannounced for condensation freezing up the brakes in cold climates... We had a couple of work trucks that were affected...

i want to do this setup on my x but the main question was will i pass inspection if not then i will just run it to the back i have a shop that will do the true dual setup the way i want

It won't in VA!

Back