• Register Today It's free!

94 4.0 K member

91RangerDad

Reaction score
City, State
Yorktown
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Ford Ranger XLT
Looking for K member for 1994 4.0 Ranger/Explorer 4x4. Long story as to why I need it but, I need it. I'm in Hampton Roads Virginia area.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What is a K member?
I don’t know, so maybe others don’t know also.

the engine cradle on a 94 ranger is part of the frame cannot be simply "replaced" without chop/cut weld
Would it be possible to fix yours?

the engine cradle on a 94 ranger is part of the frame cannot be simply "replaced" without chop/cut weld
I know that I have to remove all the rivets holding it to the frame and a couple of welds. The engine cradle/K member was hit where the right side TTB mounts and I can't get it back to original shape to even think about a weld repair. I was hoping someone had a frame that was hit in the rear that I could harvest the engine cradle from. I don't want to do a full frame swap.

copy that! Just wanted to make you aware this is not a bolt in deal

Have you tried your local craigslist? Find a 84-96 Ranger or 84-90 BII or 91-94 Explorer, Mazda B4000 and B3000 trucks should all have similar engine cradle to choose from

copy that! Just wanted to make you aware this is not a bolt in deal

Have you tried your local craigslist? Find a 84-96 Ranger or 84-90 BII or 91-94 Explorer, Mazda B4000 and B3000 trucks should all have similar engine cradle to choose from
I will be calling salvage yards later. Got to wait for this tropical storm to blow through first. Lot of places closed today. I was just throwing it out on here to see if I could help a member out with some extra cash before spend my money at a salvage yard.

Back