94 Aerostar with a 3.0L failed HC emissions test. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

94 Aerostar with a 3.0L failed HC emissions test.

keithymoe

Reaction score
City, State
belford, nj
Year, Model & Trim Level
Aerostar 94 XL
94 Aerostar 3.0 failed HC emissions test

I changed the wires, plugs, cap & rotor took it back to DMV to be tested and still failed. Also runs a little rough at idle. I checked the vacuum lines which all seem to be good. I took it to my mechanic who said there were no codes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No i didn't replace the fuel filter yet. Do you think this can cause me to fail HC emissions?

Yes, I cleaned the MAF but i didn’t remove the metal plate, I only sprayed the two little wires. Do you think I could have an O2 sensor problem and it's not showing up as a code?

I cleaned the MAF thoroughly. I noticed that when the MAF is plugged in the motor has a constant miss but when I disconnect the MAF the motor runs a lot smoother.

Brooklynbay,
You were right the MAF was bad and I replaced it with a rebuilt one and the van passed emissions with flying colors. For a minute I thought I would have to part with my Aeorstar which would of been a bummer. Areostars rock and so do you!!! This site is awesome!!!Thanks a lot!!!!

Back