• Register Today It's free!

'94 auto tranny slippage

Reaction score
City, State
SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer XLT 2 WD
hey.
I stopped at a red light the other day, on a bit of an incline, and the truck rolled backward :eek: till I hit the brake. She carried on as normal the rest of my trip.
At times, during accelerating on the hiway, I see the rpm's climb to 2600 at about 55mph before shifting into gear. Some times I back off and tap the gas pedal to get it to shift into gear.
At times, like today, cornering caused the truck to slip while at about 25mph.
I am taking her into the tranny shop that recently did some work for me. I asked if the engine & trans were orig. Couldn't tell, but mechanic did see yellow #s on the tranny pan. I'll be turning over 200K this month :cool: but can't yet replace the trans. Does it sound like low/whatever servo? that I saw described in some other threads?
Thanks ya'll...
nancy

Sounds more like a Torque COnvertor clutch issue to me, part of it anyway...

thanks glacier, I'll look for that diagnosis in his phone call. He cleared all codes last week. Mostly emmissions codes. No TCC...

TC lockup solinoid and maybe a sticking govenor, hard to say from the desription, sometime a good cleaning of the valvebody can do alot. Maybe the TC may be ready or getting ready to die. Does it do anything diff when hot vs cold?

Back