'94 Eddie Bauer edition, 93k miles..worth it? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'94 Eddie Bauer edition, 93k miles..worth it?

teal94gt50

Reaction score
City, State
Bellefontaine, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport
I'm going to look at a '94 Eddie Bauer edition w/ 93k miles. Auto, 4x4 White/Tan. It's in pretty good shape on the exterior (it's been ziebarted since new). The rockers are fender wells are solid. Some rust starting on drivers lower door. It supposedly has all maintenance records.

I'm pretty sure I can get it for a grand... Granted it shifts ok, no major leaks, etc would you hesitate to pick it up? I really don't need another vehicle, but that would be a cheap 4x4.

What do these usually go for in above average condition/maintenance? I'm having trouble finding nice ones for sale, lol

Thanks! Will

I'm going to look at a '94 Eddie Bauer edition w/ 93k miles. Auto, 4x4 White/Tan. It's in pretty good shape on the exterior (it's been ziebarted since new). The rockers are fender wells are solid. Some rust starting on drivers lower door. It supposedly has all maintenance records.

I'm pretty sure I can get it for a grand... Granted it shifts ok, no major leaks, etc would you hesitate to pick it up? I really don't need another vehicle, but that would be a cheap 4x4.

What do these usually go for in above average condition/maintenance? I'm having trouble finding nice ones for sale, lol

Thanks! Will

It sounds like a pretty good deal to me. I currently have around $800 total in my 94 XLT. Mine was also ziebarted at some point but if you checkout the pixs in my registry you'll see it didn't stop the bad Indiana winters from eating away at it. So from my point of view getting anything ziebarted = wasted money.

If you can afford it, I don't see why you wouldn't buy it. Don't forget the added cost of owning another ride. I like the 1st gen explorers, Would like to get my hands on a 2nd gen sport for a street truck. ;)

Go over the tranny and Tcase with a fine toothed comb.....no matter if it shift perfect or not, check the color of the tranny fluid and make sure its nice a pink.

If its got a straight body and a good driveline though, go for it.

Back