94 explorer 460 c6 dana 44 swap thread! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

94 explorer 460 c6 dana 44 swap thread!

wanab4x4

Reaction score
City, State
san diego ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 sport 2 door
well its bout that time to start my thread on my 94 2 door sport 460 c6 swap ..
whos in ? lol

well to start off i have my own shop here in socal .. and i aquired this explorer on cl for $800 its a 94 2dr sport 4x4 with a 5 speed .. .. its came with the lift and the tires and everything on it already i just started hacking it up lol .. but its my daily driver

so i got a 460 freshly rebuilt and a c6 W transfer case and the front axle and everything outta a 78 bronco for FREE! the 460 was swapped into the bronco but never fired up . i got it free for doin a job for a guy .. i pulled the whole motor and the diff from a 78 bronco to install a 07 police interceptor front suspension and a 4.6 and IRS from a lincoin mark viii..

so to start off here is the explorer
IMG00202-20110723-1755.jpg

IMG00211-20110723-1839.jpg

IMG00204-20110723-1829.jpg

IMG00210-20110723-1839.jpg

IMG00208-20110723-1838.jpg

the suspension is set up very good has dual shocks upfront with custom hoops and custom radius arms.. and 2 inch shackles out back .. it jumps like a dream and crawls pretty good in 2wd. iv never put it in 4wd cause the front gears are stock and rear is 4:56

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..Subscribing...:biggthump

..BTW, what dd you do with the motor and trans?...I might need a spare tranny..

Still got the motor and trans .. Gonna pull it sometime this month .. Need to get the axle ready first. Pm me

heres the motor.. by the casting numbers i know its a late model 460 .. non big port heads.. and pretty stock but clean and new!

IMG00232-20110802-1346.jpg

and the axle
IMG00233-20110802-1429.jpg

the transfer case goin in is a NP 205.. i havent decieded if im gonna use the 9inch outta the bronco or just keep the 8.8 for now cause im on a super tight budget pretty much every will be fabbed and free

Subscribing :popcorn: this will becom one sweet ride :burnout:

Subscribing , your going to have alot of questions on your hands after the build lol , cant wait to see and hear it !!

Well.....?

the transfer case goin in is a NP 205.. i havent decieded if im gonna use the 9inch outta the bronco or just keep the 8.8 for now cause im on a super tight budget pretty much every will be fabbed and free

Must be a very tight budget - had to get rid of your internet connection? Ok, just kidding. But we gotta know - how's the build going? 6 months since your last update on this one? Or did you build it and haven't bothered coming back from all the fun you're having!?

Subscribing.
I'm going to need a motor soon. I have a bad rod knock. I'm running her till she blows.
I have some ballistic adjustable coil buckets and bronco 5.5" coils I can thow into the deal.

Interested?

well i have decided to put the 460 on hold for a while.. i still have everything just had to close my shop cause they re-zoned the shops in the area .so now im currently looking for a new shop .. but im still building the explorer .. im just having problems with this clutch master and slave.. ive changed them twice and they still last for about 3 months then just start leaking everywhere .. i dont know if its cause of the degree of lift in the front that is making the hydrolic system go bad .. .. is there any way to change to a cable ?

Subscribing.
I'm going to need a motor soon. I have a bad rod knock. I'm running her till she blows.
I have some ballistic adjustable coil buckets and bronco 5.5" coils I can thow into the deal.

Interested?

what u want for em ? im interested .. i have lots to trade also

How are you going to get around Kalifornia smog laws? The engine has to be same year or newer of the vehicle it is going into. Maybe you are planning on a green sticker?
You get a new shop yet?

I have a 1994 4dr 4x4 Explorer and want to install a 460 with C6 trans and NP205 transfercase do you have any sugestions and are ther a lot of modifications involve?

Lots to cut to start with........but it'll fit.....

Back