Solved - '94 Explorer Check Engine Code 327 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved '94 Explorer Check Engine Code 327

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.

tremolite

Reaction score
City, State
Portland, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Ford Explorer
Hi all, I bought a 94 explorer a few days ago and I have been looking around for a few hours but cannot get a solid answer. I need to go through DEQ soon but my CEL is on, I took it to o'reilly's to get the code pulled. It pulled code 327 2 times.

327 Ford OBD1 KOEO 1 (Cars ONLY) ECM reinitilization detected on Cluster Control Assembly(CCA) circuit failure 2 Idle tracking switch closed on pre-position.

From what I have read this is related to the EGR valve? I'm at a loss for what I should be checking.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So it does have to do with the EGR system then? I guess I will go pick up a DPFE sensor on my way home tonight and see if that help.

Thanks!

This was definitely the problem. I have since driven it some 300 miles and the light hasn't come on and it passed smog as well.

Thanks for the help!

Welcome to the forum! :D

That would be "EGR feedback signal is/was low – EVR or PFE"

The most common thing I've heard go wrong with the EGR system is the DPFE sensor.

So that's most likely the culprit.
i replaced the DPFE sensor and still got the 327

Welcome to the forum! :D

That would be "EGR feedback signal is/was low – EVR or PFE"

The most common thing I've heard go wrong with the EGR system is the DPFE sensor.

So that's most likely the culprit.
and does it matter if its the metal or plastic one? i got the metal and still got the bleep'n 327

i replaced the DPFE sensor and still got the 327

I had the same problem... My 2 cents just replace all 3 components. EVR, EGR valve and DPFE....

I had the same problem... My 2 cents just replace all 3 components. EVR, EGR valve and DPFE....
:whitenavajo::shoot:, i replaced all those and the :censored: pcm, and if it wernt for the check engine light, you wouldnt know if anything was wrong, its runs good, i bought it back in November and drove it from just outside of Portland to Sacramento, and has ran good since. but some stupid lil thing is keeping it from passing smog.:dunno::crazy::censored::censored::censored::censored:

Back