94 Explorer extreme mods. help needed | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

94 Explorer extreme mods. help needed

ryanj1022

Reaction score
City, State
Newton, NC
ok im taking a 93 Explorer Sport 4x4 V6 and completely overhauling it. V6-V8 conversion to crate motor(5.0 Rousch Boss) with stroker kit. brand new tranny and transfer case. looking to lift it 2-3 inches with spacers and axles to widen the stance a little bit. fender flares and also lookin to run 34 12.50 nitto's on it. only problem is i dont think the Dana 35 and 8.8 can handle this much power. lookin to put a Dana 44 up front and a 9" out back with spacers to widen stance of truck. ive heard puttin the 44 up front was a lil tricky bc of independent front suspension. ive also heard the 35's are pretty tough if you get a good axle. any advice from anyone who has done this swap would be helpful as would an insight on the project, (i.e. gears, possible lifts, transfer cases.... and so on) thanks guys.

just to add. this truck would be my daily driver and my toy for the weekends

That sounds like its gonna be kick ass, cant wait to see some pics!

the 8.8 is a strong rear axle.. and the D35 can be beefed up by swapping in some D44 knuckles. do a search on this and youll find lots of info and proof that the D35 TTB can handle alot more than people think.

Back