94 explorer has no power whats so ever | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

94 explorer has no power whats so ever

its an auto, and like i said the truck was running great for 3 days, no problem up hill, no hesitation when trying to step on it. And yesterday it started running like crap again. when push the pedal down fast to the floor it bogs and doesnt go anywhere, i have to slowly push the pedal down to accelerate.

I just dont understand why it would run great, and then take a crap again.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Fuel pressure regulator comes to mind as another possibility.

Can you rent / borrow a gauge and see what the actual pressure is?

Now, that's not to say that you couldn't have clogged another filter, but it would have to be a really shoddy filter or you would have to have a lot crap in your tank that's making it beyond the in-tank strainer. Which brings up another question...is there even a strainer on your pump?

EDIT:

It's always fun trying to diagnose a vehicle over the internet without actually being able to see / hear it, so if I ask any stupid questions, forgive me. :D

No im glad your helping me because this is very frustrating.

Ill check it, but i checked my codes with a OBD I reader and it popped up with 122 which means throttle position sensor, went and replaced that and it still is hesitating. And also came up with:

157 - mass air flow sensor (low voltage)
158 - mass air flow sensor (high coltage)
171 - 02 sensor
172 - HEGO sensor fault
181 - fuel system rich

Would the throttle position sensor cause these other things?

DTC 157
Mass air flow sensor circuit below minimum voltage.

DTC 158
Mass air flow sensor circuit above maximum voltage.

It can't be above and below voltage at the same time, so that means your MAF is probably bad. This is likely leading into the other codes - since the MAF sensor tells the PCM how much air is entering the engine, it adjusts the fuel based off the MAF reading.

When you replace the MAF sensor, disconnect the battery for 10 - 15 minutes, that should clear the PCM and it'll take 5 - 10 miles for it to "relearn" fuel maps and everything else. After that, recheck the codes and see what, if any, came back up.

I fixed the problem, I pulled the correct codes with my dads niehbor, it was the throttle positioning sensor and also the mass flow air sensor, truck runs perfect and the check engine light hasn't came on. The truck has tons of power now. So problem has been solved

Back