• Register Today It's free!

94 explorer help please

Medic0864

Reaction score
City, State
Aberdeen SD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ford explorer
Hello all I just changed my fuel injector orings and now when I start it it runs really rough and then dies its a 4.0 Eddie Bauer edition please help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum!

There's got to be a reason, something different from before you changed that part, if it ran fine before. Check that you didn't leave anything unplugged, such as the MAF or other sensors. You'll also want to check for vacuum leaks.

You might also try a KOEO test. The PCM will check all the sensors and if it detects something amiss it should let you know.

Have you let the air out of the fuel rail? Via the schrader valve?

Sounds like one of the injectors isn't seated correctly at might be leaking. Look for puddling fuel.
Make sure you use oil or vasoline to very lightly lube the orings when you reseat the injectors into the fuel rail and the LIM.

Also, 2x what Arco said, good chance somethings unplugged or spark plug are not in correct sequence. Vacuum leaks are common.

Yes I have bled the rail how do you perform a koeo test also could a broken egr tube possibly cause some of the problem also? Checked maf iac seem to be functioning

KOEO= Key On Engine Off. Test mode initiated by a code reader or you can do it manually. When you initiate the test, the PCM will test all its sensors and such to make sure everything seems correct to it. If not, it will give you trouble codes. There's also a KOER test (Engine Running) which does more checks, but isn't available if your engine won't start.

Do a forum search for KOEO testing. The jist of it is, you either hook up an inexpensive code reader ($40) or do it yourself with paperclip and pen+paper. There is a wire that gets grounded to initiate the test, and once you turn the key on with that wire grounded the test starts. Results are output to either a code reader, or you watch the Check Engine light and count the flashes.

Back