NukeDukem88

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix
Year, Model & Trim Level
97/94 Explorer XLT/Lmtd
Callsign
TBD
Ok folks, I've been here awhile and cant find a swap for an I6 300. I already know why everyone says i shouldn't or can get better power. Not what I'm looking for. I want the uniqueness. And a bulletproof torque monster. Found a turbo from a 6.5l chevy works well with it as well. Ideas, tips, and tricks appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There's also a thread somewhere with someone swapping a 4.9 into an 1st or 2nd gen, may still be an ongoing project.
The big issue is size, that engine doesn't want to fit between the Ex's radiator and firewall. If you can move or remove one of those two things, it'll fit!
It would be a killer swap, that's about my favorite engine ever.

Well I'm going to cut the back and bob it. Put a cage with a tire rack. Could fit a fan with a rad somewhere on the back of the cab? Above spares maybe? Wonder if that will give enough space. Maybe pipe into the cage lol. Run the hose through it.

@NukeDukem88 I just noticed you are in Phoenix at the Biltmore. My parents live there. I live up in Wittmann.

Oh shoot I'll have to chamge it. I'm near Arcadia now

Back