• Register Today It's free!

94 Explorer Idling Noise

basketball346

Reaction score
City, State
Nazareth PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
Hey guys i've been browising the forums for a while now, just recently took my first off roading trip in my 94 xlt wit some buddies. Thanx to all the help u guys provide. I just put some 31x10.5x15 MT tires on my x and its remarkably better looking.

Any way the problem is i just got my Mass Air Flow Sensor replaced on my X because i noticed that my engine was idling very loudly. Now it still idles really loud and when i push that gas pedal the engine just roars, and almost sounds like something is wrong? Any ideas? or am i just making up problems? it has 146k miles, and has been checked up on lately by certified mechanics. Thanx for you help, and i love the website.

Basketball346

Maybe an exhaust leak. Have you checked that yet? If it sounds like it's coming from directly under the hood check where the exhaust manifolds bolt to the heads maybe you have a blown gasket, but you would probably be getting backfire if that was the case. I'm not sure if there is a gasket where the two pipes y into one but you may want to check there also.

Back