• Register Today It's free!

94 explorer trans probs

WILLY BILL

Reaction score
City, State
Larue TEXAS
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer
ok i have 94 explorer 5 speed and i push the clutch in and it will start but with it in neutral it will catch like is in gear and die and when in any gear it will jump like its slipping and then get in a bind and die and what would happen if u put gear lube in the trans?

ok i have 94 explorer 5 speed and i push the clutch in and it will start but with it in neutral it will catch like is in gear and die and when in any gear it will jump like its slipping and then get in a bind and die and what would happen if u put gear lube in the trans?

First thing to check is the fluid level in your clutch fluid reservoir. It a small white cylinder on the fire wall, drivers side, between the hood hinge and the fender. Unscrew the cap, pull the black cup diaphragm out. Should be about half full. Than stab the clutch pedal a couple a times and see if that doesn't bring the friction point back up. Works on mine.
If not your clutch or some component of the clutch is likely out.
Your 94 might have a bleed screw on it but my 91 doesn't.
Got nothing to do with your tranny fluid level, unless you also hear loud rasping noises.

Before it started doing that it was making a clicking noise what could that have been

the trans doesnt take gear lube its automatic tranny fluid burnt my first five speed up like that mine got stuck in third inside the trans and didnt matter if you actually shifted the trans with the shifter it stayed in third you might want to look for another trans

Back