94 ford explorer starting problems | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

94 ford explorer starting problems

James Hart

Reaction score
City, State
Lincoln, Ne
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 ford explorere
I have a 94 ford explorer that ran fine until I let it sit for about 3 weeks. Now it will not start except with a jump start. It pops right off once I have the cables on. I lewt it run for a while, go back the next day and it just clicks. I turned the heard lights on, they are bright, and when I turn the key, the lights flicker with the clicks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sounds like you could have a connection problem . first clean your battery terminals . then charge your battery . then load test it . do that & tell us your results .

sounds like you could have a connection problem . first clean your battery terminals . then charge your battery . then load test it . do that & tell us your results .

Thanks

Just got home from work, so will do it later today.

Thanks!

Also, if you have aftermarket terminals, make sure to look for corrosion between the wire and the terminals themselves, and then make sure they tight on the wire.

I've had this issue cleaned the post and clamps works fine now

Don't forget to inspect and perhaps tighten the rest of the battery connections as well. Heat, moisture, and vibration are all enemies of good electrical connections. However, if the engine starts normally with a jump, I'd agree with gmbroy and Bootless.

Back