94 Ford Ranger with a transmission problem. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

94 Ford Ranger with a transmission problem.

offroadranger

Reaction score
City, State
Omaha Nebraska
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 ranger splash 3.0l 4x4
I have a 94 ford ranger 3.0l 4x4 auto splash, and the trans modulator went out, or so i have been told it went out. I can not find the part. I been told it was on the front right side under the skid plate. I can not find it. If any one can help me that would be great. I am getting tired of having to replace the atf fluid. thanks guys.:rangerred:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! I've moved your thread into the transmission section. The modulator is located on the passenger's side of the transmission behind the 2 servos. They make an adjustable, and a non adjustable modulator. Any local transmission parts store or even some auto parts stores sell them. I have 4 spare non adjustable modulators if you have trouble locating a supplier.

Thanks for the help, where exactly are the two servoes, im still having trouble locating them. I do appreciate the help.

thanks the modulator was successfully installed, i hope to get my pictures of my truck up real soon you guys will like it.

It was just a cheap one from advanced auto. So it wasn't any thing special. if you know were i could look at dumper designs and stuff like that, could you point me in the right direction.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back